I cannot settle down to write about one thing today, as my mind bounces from idea to idea. So I thought I would just write down some of the thoughts floating through my brain:
- First I thought I’d explore the strange dream I had this morning that took place in my college house. Does anyone else travel back to school regularly in their dreams?
- Sarah is practicing piano on the keyboard attached to the computer. She has headphones on and is singing at the top of her lungs. It is a happy sound, in some ways. What sounds add to the joyous cacophony of life?
- Yesterday I got a phone call asking me to help out for a very minimal stipend on the children’s theater show here this summer. While it isn’t beyond my capabilities, it is taking steps toward my past rather than my future. What is my future and what role does theater play in that future? Sigh
- The moon and Japan are speaking through me in another art project. Here is a shot of the (very unfinished) piece.
- This morning I woke to the birds singing their morning song, which led me to more thoughts of spring and nature. Yesterday Sarah and I had a picnic in the park and then wandered around so that I could find interesting pictures to take with my new camera, including a brief visit to the zoo and a stroll through the cemetery (although I didn’t get any shots there)
And those are only a few of the complex thoughts floating through my brain. Too many thoughts, too many words, too many ideas and no clarity. Oh well.