I dragged my lazy carcass out of the house today, in the hopes that change of scenery would help me focus on goals rather than on the meaningless call of mindless computer games. I cashed a check given to me a week and a half ago (I told you I was lazy) and, money in my hand, decided to treat myself to a few things:
- a package of three moleskin journals to help organize my thoughts on my various projects
- a warm bowl of french onion soup
- a hot chai latte
As I munched away on my delicious lunch, I had an internal dialogue with The Storyteller in hopes of narrowing down what exactly my Simultaneous Stories project might be about (you know, the one I announced the other day).
Together the storyteller and I began brainstorming about types of stories we might want to include and we came up with a long list of possibilities. This is where you come in. Below you will find this list. Now obviously I will have to narrow down more, but I’m casting my net out wide to see what I bring back.
If you have a favorite post or two that fits one (or more) of these categories please share the link in the comments. I’m looking for everything: serious, funny, picture posts, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. All I ask is that you limit your submissions to only a few. Think of this as you submitting your best posts for possible publication. There is no way I can include every post I’ve ever loved in this collection, but I hope to be able to include a couple of posts from several different bloggers. If you link below I will read and hopefully begin to figure out what this project is really about.
So here is the overly long list:
- stories about (and from) different ages of life
- stories about what it means to be “Other”
- stories about acceptance
- stories about letting go of jealousy, resentment, frustration
- stories of hope
- stories about finding perspective
- stories about a specific day in the life . . .
- fantasy stories
- stories of female power
- stories of nature and respecting nature
- stories of sisterhood and brotherhood
- stories of purpose
- stories that link us; stories about connection
- common stories told across cultures
- campfire stories (could include ghost stories)
- stories told in picture form
- stories about being a parent
- stories about war
- stories of childhood
- stories of misunderstandings
- stories about magic
As you can see, this list is way too long, but its a beginning. Now, look over old posts, or if something inspires you, write something new. Then link it here in comments and I will get busy.
Thanks in advance. Join me at the campfire and let’s share stories.
Important Request: If you suggest a post and do not use your real name on your blog, please either mention your name in the comment or e-mail me with the information. If I use your writing, I want to do it correctly (with formal permission and correct information). Thank you!